Search This Blog

Amazon Prime

Fiverr

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Quotes & Reactions About Pride Month Part 2

 

Quote: “What Is the Pride Symbol?



You probably knew that the rainbow flag — created by artist Gilbert Baker in 1978 — is used as a symbol of LGBTQ pride, but did you know that each color on the flag has its own meaning? In the widely known six-color flag, red is symbolic of life, orange is symbolic of healing, yellow is sunshine, green is nature, blue represents harmony and purple is spirit. In the original eight-color flag, hot pink was included to represent sex and turquoise to represent magic/art.

There have been many variations on the flag. In 2021, the flag has was altered in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter protests, including black to represent diversity, brown to represent inclusivity and light blue and pink, the colors of the trans pride flag.”


Reaction: Well, I learned something interesting today about the colors of the rainbow flag for us queer people.

Quote: “Why Do We Celebrate in June?

We celebrate in June to coincide with the catalyst of the Gay Liberation Movement that was the Stonewall Uprising. In the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, police raided a popular gay bar in N.Y.C.'s West Village, The Stonewall Inn. This was commonplace for the time, but on this particular evening, the patrons of the bar fought back, starting the Stonewall Riots, which went on for days.

The Stonewall Inn was declared a historic landmark by the city of New York in 2015 and later named a national monument by President Barack Obama in 2016.

This June is the 52nd anniversary of the first Pride parade, which happened in 1970, one year after the uprising.”



Reaction: Thank you to former President Barrack Obama to making a popular gay bar that got raided on June 28th 1969 a national monument! You must know how important this is for the people who identify as LGBTQ+ like me to know the history of queer individuals like myself. To have a national monument and a piece of paper to say I am married to the partner I so rightfully deserve the right to marry is a DAMN good place to start. I am non-binary (under T for trans and G for gender identities) and I myself am assigned male at birth and am a homosexual. My preferred name is Jaime or Jai and I myself am a homosexual by the means that I was assigned male at birth, I am gender neutral and I decide to identify as a homosexual under male standards, so I myself am gay by that very definition. I use all pronouns, I do not give a damn what anybody calls me. Those closest to me can call me “Jake,” “Jay,” “Jai,” Jae,” “Jacob,” “Levi,” or “Lee/Le.” This is an official shout-out to our former President Barrack Obama because as a Democrat, I am so proud of my party for protecting a gay pride monument as such to promote our need for more civil rights that cannot and should not EVER be infringed upon by any means!

 

Bibliography:

Everything You Need to Know about Pride Month.” PEOPLE.com, people.com/human-interest/pride-month-explained-pride-month-facts/.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What can you buy with your SNAP EBT on Amazon?

Hello everybody, welcome to my blog, and today, we've got a very special link for those of you in need, you will find it at the bottom o...