Search This Blog

Amazon Prime

Fiverr

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Quotes & Reactions About Pride Month 5

Quote: “Each year LGBTQ+ Pride Month events draw millions of participants from nationwide (via National Geographic). The festivities and in-person gatherings typically include Pride parades, marches, picnics, parties, concerts, symposiums, and workshops. LGBTQ+ Pride has a long and complex history worldwide with many disregarded or unknown facts. From the origins of the Pride Parade to the meanings behind each rainbow flag color, here are vital facts about the history of Pride Month.”


Reaction: Well, my birthday is during pride month and I always celebrated pride month. Every pride month, my mom and I would watch the LOGO channel, listen to Adam Lambert or Uh Huh Her. I also attended QSAs or GSAs all throughout there year to try to help my community come to terms with accepting people like myself who are LGBTQ+. I spend my days reading LGBTQ+ nonfiction stories about the history of our community of queer people, the progression throughout the ages, the way that we were treated throughout history, etc. If it was in history, I probably have read it, but I also know there's tons more things I need to learn about LGBTQ+ genre of history.


Quote: “On June 28, 1969, police raided the Stonewall Inn — a gay club in New York City — for operating without a liquor license. During those years, New York refused to give out permits to bars that served gay people, and that night cops entered Stonewall with a warrant and arrested at least 13 people. Titus Montalvo, a hairdresser and makeup artist in the 1960s, told USA Today that the majority of those people at the Stonewall Inn "were either drag queens or gay men of color."


Reaction: Please see the first post of this series for more on my reactions about the Stonewall Inn, a well known gay club in NYC, NY when they arrested 13 people. This started a huge coalition within our community to help outsiders become allies and change the hearts and lives of people who would otherwise wouldn't have a change of heart without this turning point in history.


Quote: “Raids and harassment were common for gay bars and nightclubs across the country during this time, but on this night, members of the LGBTQ+ community stood up for themselves and fought back. This routine police raid triggered nights of intense rebellion and protests. The Stonewall Inn uprising has long been considered to have fundamentally changed the dialogue surrounding the LGBTQ+ civil rights movement and why many cities hold Pride events in June (via JSTOR Daily).”


Reaction: Well, again. Read the first post to see about what I said about this tragic event in history. We do have a right to protest and not to become oppressed by our government. We also have the freedom of speech and expression. We also have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If you cannot tolerate me for who I am, then I'm not going to tolerate you for who you are because if you're a bigot, I'm going down fighting!


Sutton, Toni. “What You Didn’t Know about the History of Pride Month.” TheList.com, 31 May 2022, www.thelist.com/879964/what-you-didnt-know-about-the-history-of-pride-month/. Accessed 12 June 2022.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What can you buy with your SNAP EBT on Amazon?

Hello everybody, welcome to my blog, and today, we've got a very special link for those of you in need, you will find it at the bottom o...